Sarvodaya – Centre for Capacity Building
Recognizing of the strategic importance of human resource development and considering the huge pool of under-utilized human resources in the city of Mumbai, Sarvodaya – Centre for Capacity Building was set up in 2006.
Sarvodaya, located at the St. Pius X College Complex, Goregaon East, is a training centre for enhancing capacities of all people irrespective of caste, creed or community. This centre promotes awareness of social issues, development of skills and knowledge of best practices in the social sector. Making available our facilities to other non-profit organizations, for non-commercial purposes is an important aspect of our contribution to the social work sector.
- To build capacities of people from all walks of life
- To conduct training programmes for church organizations, commissions, associations, NGOs and other Diocesan / National / Regional Organizations
- To animate lay persons, priests and religious for social change and action
- To conduct research, documentation and provide resource material pertaining to development
Spread over 2,00,000 square feet, the green picturesque Sarvodaya Centre for Capacity Building is centrally located and about 20 minutes drive from both Santacruz domestic and International Sahar airports. The location is easily accessible by rail from the main stations of Mumbai Central & Dadar and is a 10 minute walk from Goregaon station. The centre aims to provide facilities for non-profit groups and non-commercial activities that build awareness, knowledge and skills to those working on empowering the marginalized. It is situated in quiet surroundings and is an ideal location for Retreats, Seminars, Recollections, Workshops, Consultations, Group Discussions and Animation Programmes for all faiths.
Facilities Available : Sarvodaya Centre includes the following facilities :
- Residential accommodation for 80 persons (Single / Double Occupancy, self-contained A/C and non-A/C Rooms)
- 3 Large A/C Halls with a seating capacity of 80 people
- 1 Mini A/C Hall with a seating capacity of 25 people
- 1 Mini Non-AC Hall with a seating capacity of 25 people
- A large dining hall to accommodate 80 participants
- Common Area for small group discussions with access to TV
- Chapel for prayer and meditation The centre is also equipped with LCD projector & screen, laptop, sound system, mics, photocopier and mineral water which are provided on request at the time of booking.
For Enquiries & Bookings Contact :
Administrator : Sr. Meenal Rodrigues
Assistant Administrator : Sr. Leonita Rebello
Sarvodaya Centre for Capacity Building
St. Pius X College Complex
Virwani Industrial Estate Gate # 2,
Mumbai 400 063.
Tel : (91-22) 29270676
E-mail : email@example.com